As well as being an editor, I’m a writer myself, so I understand how much your words mean to you. I’m also an avid reader of just about anything I can get my hands on. I’m particularly well read when it comes to young adult books and speculative fiction, but I enjoy a wide range of genres.
Why work with me?
- My educational background is in writing and literature. I hold a BA (Hons) in English Literature and Creative Writing.
- I’m an intermediate member of The Society for Editors and Proofreaders, an organisation that promotes high editorial standards.
- I’m professionally trained. Here are the courses I’ve completed or am currently taking:
- Proofreading 1: Introduction (SfEP)
- Copy Editing 1: Introduction (SfEP)
- Fiction Editing (SfEP, ongoing)
- I have worked for publishing houses.
- I’ve written several YA books myself and wrote a young adult fairy tale retelling for my dissertation.
When I’m not working…
What editor doesn’t love to read? I always have my nose stuck in a book! I’m also a bit of a nerd and love video games and anime. I visited Japan in 2016 and dream of going back someday! Oh, and I’m a cat person. I have at least one cat on my knee at all times when I’m working.
Head on over to my services page if you’d like to work with me.